“Thank you to all the staff for being helpful and friendly during my studies of the Certificate IV in Massage. I will definitely be back to do my Diploma in Massage” – Debra Duxfield
The Certificate IV in Massage provides skills in therapeutic relaxation massage including basic health assessment and treatment.
With this qualification you may choose to work as a massage therapist in the following settings:
- Massage Clinic
- Aged Care Facility
- Health Service
- Spa Facility
- Palliative Care Facility or Hospital
The national qualifications in massage are each given a national code. For the Certificate IV in Massage Therapy – HLT42015.
How to gain your Certificate IV in Massage Therapy:
The School offers a variety of programs to complete your qualification.
- Certificate IV in Massage via On Campus Course
- Certificate IV in Massage via Home Study Course
- Certificate IV in Massage for International Students
Qualification and Units of Competency
Your qualification is gained by completing ‘delivery modules’ that align to the units of competencies for this nationally recognised qualification.
The Units of Competency in Certificate IV Massage Therapy (HLT42015) include:
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 – Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB403- Market the small business
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 – Engage with Health professionals and the health professional system
- HLTMSG001 – Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002 – Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG004 – Provide massage treatments