Fiona teaches Swedish Massage and Pregnancy Massage and supervises student clinic at the NSW School of Massage as well as working as a massage therapist on the Northern Beaches. Fiona has been a practising Aromatherapist for over twenty years. Fiona has worked on the ski fields of Switzerland and France working with sports related indications and in London, where she set up practice in a major London Health club specialising in Aromatherapy for pre and postnatal women.
In 1989 Fiona arrived in Sydney and has been living and working here since. She created, and was the principal of “The Aromatherapy School” where accredited Post Graduate Diplomas were held. She was the principal for five years. Fiona has published a book “Aromatherapy remedies for women” and has also published various articles in international professional magazines and has lectured nationally on essential oil use during labour for pain management.
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Aromatherapy
- Certificate of Reflexology
Patrick de Permentier
Patrick teaches Anatomy & Physiology at the NSW School of Massage as part of the Diploma of Remedial Massage. Students value his knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, his dynamic teaching style and enthusiasm and his delivery of information in a concise manner.
In addition, Patrick lectures Anatomy to 1st and 2nd year Medical students, 2nd year Medical Science students and 2nd year Biomedical Engineering students via the Faculty of Medicine at the University of NSW.
Patrick’s dedication to teaching has resulted in the presentation of a number of awards from the Faculty of Medicine and School of Medical Sciences for teaching excellence and course development over the last 20 years.
His contribution to research in education is also noted by the many journal publications and published conference proceedings. From a natural therapy point of view, Patrick presents workshops and seminars for ATMS members on many areas of anatomy and physiology (e.g. sciatica, asthma, arthritis) and their relevance to massage therapy as well as other forms of natural therapies. He is currently involved with the delivery of seminars throughout Australia as part of the National Seminar Series for ATMS on the topic of chronic stress.
Also, he publishes articles in the journal of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS) and has successfully applied for a number of grants from bodies such as the NH&MRC and the ALTC.
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Res), University of NSW
- Grad Cert in Higher Education, University of NSW
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Certificate IV in TAE
- Certificate TAELLN411
- Member of ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Society)
- ATMS research committee member
- Council Member of ANZACA (Australian and New Zealand Association of Clinical Anatomists)
- Member, New York Academy of Sciences
- Development in Cross-Disciplinary Teaching award, School of Medical Sciences, University of NSW, 2005
- Teaching Excellence awards, School of Medical Sciences, University of NSW, 2002 and 2006
- Innovation in Learning and Teaching award, Faculty of Medicine, University of NSW, 2008
- Community Engagement award, School of Medical Sciences, University of NSW, 2013
- Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning award, Faculty of Medicine, University of NSW, 2016
Sujittra (Suzi) Makatham
Suzi has been a trainer and assessor at the NSW School of Massage since 2014.
Suzi completed a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Physiotherapy, in Thailand.
Over the past 10 years Suzi has gained invaluable physiotherapy and massage therapy experience from working in a variety of clinics and hotel spas in Thailand and in Australia.
Suzi has a passion for teaching and gains a lot of fulfilment and enjoyment from passing her knowledge on to students. Her understanding of anatomy and physiology allows her to offer detailed explanations of how the body functions and she is able to develop customised treatment plans for her clients.
Suzi teaches the following modules at NSW School of Massage:
- Massage Foundations
- Massage Techniques
- Safe Work Practices
- Thai Massage
- Health Science
- Advanced Massage Techniques
- Student Clinic Supervisor
- Bachelor of Science – Physiotherapy (Thailand)
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Certificate of Thai Traditional Massage
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Accredited Member: Association of Massage Therapists