“Thank you to all the staff for being helpful and friendly during my studies of the Certificate IV in Massage. I will definitely be back to do my Diploma in Massage” – Debra Duxfield
The Diploma in Remedial Massage provides the skills required for competence in remedial massage practice.
At this level, practitioners may be self employed as independent practitioners or may work within a larger health service.
The training in this qualification covers remedial massage treatments to clients with specific needs such as injury management, rehabilitation, palliative care, aged care, women and children.
Practitioners at this level may supervise other massage therapists.
How to gain your Diploma of Massage
The School offers a variety of programs to complete your qualification:
- Diploma of Massage via On Campus Course
- Diploma of Massage via Home Study Course
- Diploma of Massage for International Students
Qualification and Units of Competency
Your qualification is gained by completing ‘delivery modules’ that align to the units of competencies for this nationally recognised qualification.
The Units of Competency in Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015) include:
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 – Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB403- Market the small business
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 – Engage with Health professionals and the health professional system
- HLTMSG001 – Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002 – Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG003 – Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG004 – Provide massage treatments
- HLTMSG005 – Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006 – Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008 – Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTAAP003 – Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy body systems
- HLTHPS010 – Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet