“Thank you to all the staff for being helpful and friendly during my studies of the Certificate IV in Massage. I will definitely be back to do my Diploma in Massage” - Debra Duxfield
The Diploma in Remedial Massage provides the skills required for competence in remedial massage practice.
At this level, practitioners may be self employed as independent practitioners or may work within a larger health service.
The training in this qualification covers remedial massage treatments to clients with specific needs such as injury management, rehabilitation, palliative care, aged care, women and children.
Practitioners at this level may supervise other massage therapists.
How to gain your Diploma of Massage
The School offers a variety of programs to complete your qualification:
- Diploma of Massage via On Campus Course
- Diploma of Massage via Home Study Course
- Diploma of Massage for International Students
Qualification and Units of Competency
Your qualification is gained by completing ‘delivery modules’ that align to the units of competencies for this nationally recognised qualification.
The Units of Competency in Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015) include:
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 – Manage the control of infection
- HLTMSG001 – Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002 – Assess client massage needs
- CUADTM411 – Provide massage treatments
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect and improve on own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 – Engage with health professionals and the health professional system
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- BSBSMB403 – Market the Business
- HLTMSG003 – Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG005 – Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006 – Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008 – Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTAAP003 – Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy body systems
- HLTHPS010 – Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- SISFFIT0025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- HLTMSG007 – Adapt remedial massage practice for athletes
- SISSSCO307 – Provide nutrition advice to athletes