“Thank you to all the staff for being helpful and friendly during my studies of the Certificate IV in Massage. I will definitely be back to do my Diploma in Massage” - Debra Duxfield
The Diploma in Remedial Massage provides the skills required for competence in remedial massage practice.
At this level, practitioners may be self employed as independent practitioners or may work within a larger health service.
The training in this qualification covers remedial massage treatments to clients with specific needs such as injury management, rehabilitation, palliative care, aged care, women and children.
Practitioners at this level may supervise other massage therapists.
How to gain your Diploma of Massage
The School offers a variety of programs to complete your qualification:
- Diploma of Massage via On Campus Course
- Diploma of Massage via Home Study Course
- Diploma of Massage for International Students
Qualification and Units of Competency
Your qualification is gained by completing ‘delivery modules’ that align to the units of competencies for this nationally recognised qualification.
The Units of Competency in Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT50307) include:
- CHCORG428A – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAP501C – Analyse health information
- HLTCOM502C – Develop professional expertise
- HLTCOM503D – Manage a practice
- HLTHIR501C – Maintain an effective health work environment
- HLTHIR506C – Implement and monitor compliance with legal and ethical requirements
- HLTREM502C – Provide remedial massage treatment
- HLTREM503C – Plan remedial massage treatment strategy
- HLTREM504C – Apply remedial massage assessment framework
- HLTREM505C – Perform remedial massage health assessment
- HLTREM510B – Provide specialised remedial massage treatments
- HLTHIR403C – Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTCOM510B – Provide services to clients with chronic diseases or conditions
- HLTSHU509C – Maintain personal health and awareness as a professional responsibility
Transition of qualification in 2016
In August 2015 the qualification Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT50307) was updated and is now in a transition phase. Please refer to this information sheet for details on how this may impact your study program. FACTSHEET